Monday, December 7, 2009

Danielle G. Instant messaging in the professional world

When instant messaging in the professional world, it is important to know who your audience is. Whenever I am writing an email or message to a friend I never fully write out my sentences. Instead of writing, oh my gosh! Okay, I guess I will talk to you later. I would say OMG! K. TTYL :).Clearly this is NOT how you would write to your boss or fellow co-workers, unless you know this is fully acceptable.
When writing to others, and are not sure what style is acceptable. It is always best to go with plain ole english. If not, the future client or costumer can get the wring idea about you and the place you work for. To fully understand the improper way to send messages at work, I have provided a toondoo to show you what improper messaging can lead to. I have also provided a video on the benefits of instant messaging in the business world.


instant messaging



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_AKQkqnQZQ
Sources:
toondoo.com
youtube.com

3 comments:

  1. I like your toondoo is pretty funny. Also, the text you provided was good. It provided background on was the blog was about, and it was short and concise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post and thought it was very funny. You did a good job posting the toondoon and youtube video. The only suggestion that I have for your post is to post your toondoon at the top part of the page. Overall, I enjoyed your post and think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you chose this topic. Your toondo turned out great! Your voice really comes through clearly in this post. I also think the ToonDoo would be more noticeable at the beginning of your post. Other than that, great job!!

    ReplyDelete